Thursday, April 10, 2008

Austin the Windy City

All last night (from the time I went to bed until at least 4 in the morning) the wind was brutal here in Austin. It never rained until after the wind stopped but the wind was so strong that I couldn't sleep! I am already a light sleeper and being 6 months pregnant to have the wind going at least 50mph made it worse. I have to say since we have lived here it is pretty windy even on nice days. I know Chicago is already the 'Windy City' but I do believe that Austin could use the name as well. Well, I finally decided the other day that Ashlyn's party will be on Monday. I only invited 4 friends and I think it will turn out nice. As for Grant's party it is still on for Chuck E. Cheese next Friday. I am so glad my kids are growing up but it sure is hard when there birthdays fall in the same week. Oh and a Happy Birthday goes out to Grant's teacher today-Happy Birthday, Mrs. Allen!!

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Kate,
That's so crazy. I'm reading your post and watching a HUGE windstorm outside. We're under a wind advisory here and it's crazy. I had to go clean up our backyard so it didn't end up in the neighbor's back yard.

Hey, did you get your sling? Do you like the fabric? That's my favorite print right now (it always changes when we get new fabric!).

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!