Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

This weekend was certainly busy! Grant didn't have school on Friday and it was also Corey's 30th Birthday. We ate lunch with Corey's work and suprised him with cake and lunch. That afternoon we went out of town to College Station for the annual washer tournament. It was certainly hot and humid and the tournament went from Friday evening and was also all day on Saturday. We had a good time and it was fun catching up with friends from when we were in college at A&M. Washers is just like horseshoes but they use 1" diameter washers and you have to get them into a cup (pvc pipe) that is in the ground. Well, Corey paired up with a good friend who won it 8 years ago which also happens to be the last time he played in the tournament. Lo and behold-Corey and Dale(who drove down from Dallas) was the CHAMPIONS. I have to admit I wanted them to get out early on because it was hot and I am 8 1/2 months pregnant. Now they have bragging rights for the next year until the tournament is held again. We stayed with Corey's parents and the kids had a good time. On Sunday we went to our old ward in College Station that we were in before we moved to Austin and we got to see a lot of our friends that are still there. It was so fun to see everyone. Afterwards we headed to New Braunfels to attend my nephews baptism. He is 8 years old and is so cute. Stetson is getting older which makes me definitely feel old. We had fun afterwards eating dinner and singing kareoke. Grant loved trying to sing into the microphone. Today,we are celebrating Corey's birthday with some of our best friends around here and we will be BBQing and swimming for it. It is definitely hot and humid and hopefully the rain holds off for the event. It has sprinkled around Round Rock this morning but nothing here in Pflugerville. I just hope that it is hot enough people will get in the pool. I will have to post pictures of the party this evening if I have the energy too after today or I'll do it tomorrow. Hope everyone is enjoying a long weekend!!

No comments: