Friday, October 03, 2008
Finally Quiet...
It is finally quiet in my house-all kids in bed! This week has been crazy with Corey being in Houston working all week and so I feel completely tired now that the week has come to an end. Lately I feel as though I have not been able to give Grant and Ashlyn adequate attention that I feel they need. Tonight I finally got to do that by reading to them in bed and talking to them before they went to bed without Brady in my arms. Usually when I've had to put them to bed during the week I have Brady in my arms and I am trying to round them up for bed which was sometimes a difficult task. Brady is either starting the teething process or he is just going through a serious growth spurt. He really doesn't seem like he is getting heavier just longer but whatever the case he's been on the cranky side. He is getting up more than once in the night and so it causes me to be a little more cranky to the family and has caused my bedtime to be before 10pm which is not usually the case.
I feel better tonight by getting the trash out of the house, the kitchen real clean, and the kids rooms picked up as well as I could. I still have piles of laundry both clean and dirty in the house but I am too tired to fold them. Maybe my sweet husband who's been gone all week getting good sleep in the night will help with that tomorrow. Being a mom is such a hard job because it is never ending and the pay is horrible. But I have to admit it is rewarding when you have a child who comes out of school so excited about a rock they painted and showing me the things he's done, or having a daughter who loves to show me her gymnastics skills and comes to tell me she loves me when I most need it. I have a sweet baby who loves to smile and talk to me as well as cry at me but I know he'll get older one day and I'll miss the time when he is non-mobile. Enough about my little saga...it is time to finish getting the house clean and get myself to bed, but then again maybe I should stay awake to see if I need to feed Brady again.
P.S. The bright side to everything is that we move in 2 weeks! I will be glad that we will be under one roof as a family during the week! The hardest part is missing some of our bestest friends here in Pflugerville!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hear you on the bedtime saga. There are many nights where I'm home alone to put the boys to bed while I'm holding Afton in my arms-not an easy task in the least! Sometimes the best part of the day is bedtime when they're sleeping and I tiptoe into their room and cuddle them while they're sleeping. Afton's having trouble sleeping too-teeth perhaps, but all I know is that I'm exhausted! You're doing great!
Post a Comment