Wednesday, October 08, 2008
Joy in the Journey
I have thought long and hard about the saying,'Find Joy in the Journey' and it finally it hit me that I need to start doing that more especially when my husband is not home with me. The past 2 months Corey has been working in Houston during the week some and not home a lot. I admit it is hard but worth it being home with my kids. I am guilty of being frustrated at times being home alone a lot with no help from a loving husband and great father. As we move ahead in our a new journey next week, I have reflected on the fact that I get to spend quality time with all the kids no matter how short or long the time is each day. I've been able to watch them grow and tell me cute things. I've been able to see them laugh, cry, and just be kids. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Being a mom is the greatest job in the world and it comes with some not so fun things but that is part of the job.
My goal is to find more 'Joy in the Journey' as we journey along to a new place and to enjoy the things I am surrounded by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Use it as an excuse to rent movies and eat pizza with the kids. We always have fun when Jason is gone but boy are we happy when he comes back!
I totally hear you there. I am alittle jealous that your life as a single parent is about to come to an end. I don't know if mine ever will.
Amen to that, sistah!
Post a Comment