Friday, November 21, 2008
4 Month Check-Up and Chuck E Cheese
Brady had his 4 month check up today and he did really good. Here are his stats:
17lb. 11oz.= 50th percentile
26 inches long= 75th percentile
He actually was 4 months old on the 15th of November but that was a Saturday. The wait at the doctor's office wasn't as bad this time as it was on Wednesday. The wait in the actual room was the longest part.
Afterwards we went to Chuck E Cheese where playgroup was with people from church with kids that are 4 years old. I went figuring that Ashlyn would make some friends but she is shy and she won't just go join the girls that were playing together. I have been shy sort of my whole life so I guess she gets it from me. Being new to the area I was hoping it would be good for me and her so we could get to know more people from church. I am not one to draw attention to myself and so I left bummed knowing that the kids her age seemed to not care to invite Ashlyn to play and no one really seemed to ask who I was or invite a new person into their conversation. I know that if I keep going maybe just maybe I'll make some true friends here. I definitely miss my friends from Austin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It is always hard to make new friends. I've found it usually takes about six months to feel like you fit into a ward. So, give it a little time. I remember feeling the same way when we moved here. They had called me to nursery so, I felt even more isolated. York and I finally decided to start inviting people over and I started inviting kids over to play with mine. We had and still do a new family over atleast 2 times a month. It helped alot. I'm sorry it feels lonely for you. You just have to butt in and not wait for people to ask you. There are so many new people in our ward and they are all thinking the same thing..I promise!
I hate moving and having to make new friends. Hang in there, it will get better!
I am sorry that you had that experience today. We need to have Ashlyn over to play with Chayse and have them get to know each other. I know how you feel and I am sorry that I probably helped you feel that way today. Let's get them together soon. Hang in there. It will get better.
I totally understand how you feel. Emma and I are the same way. We have been here since June and are just now feeling comfortable around people. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help out.
Post a Comment