Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Annoyed

I haven't blogged in awhile but this post is about how annoyed I am with the pediatrician's office that I picked. Today was Brady's 4 month well check appointment and I wrote down that the appointment was at 10:15am. I checked in about 5 minutes after 10 o'clock and thought it shouldn't be long. Well, it became 10:15 and I hadn't been called back. So, I thought I would be a good mom and wait a little longer. Well, time had flown by when I finally looked at the time on my cell phone it was 10:45am. I had been waiting more than 30 minutes! I have never had to wait that long with any of my kids at a doctor's office. At one doctor's office in College Station where Grant and Ashlyn went when we lived there had a sign saying, " Please let us know if you have waited more than 20 minutes." I definitely think that sign should be in every doctor's office. Finally, I got up and went over to the desk and asked if there was some delay and how much longer it would be if I decided to wait. They told me I was next and then went and found out that I would be called back in 10-15 minutes. I told them I had to reschedule because I had to get home because the window for our new living room furniture that was getting delivered was between 11-3. I rescheduled and left. Well, now that I rescheulded I wonder if I would have been better off staying there and just doing it because now that I am home and typing this the driver has yet to call and tell me he is 30 minutes away and I could have gotten in probably and taken care of the shots. So, back to the doctor we go on Friday morning and I better get in and now that I am home I am just playing the waiting game for our new living room furniture. The furniture will definitely make my day better!

3 comments:

Katy Schepis Edmondson said...

I'm so sorry that happened. I hate waiting too. Very annoying. Every doctor's office that I have been to, I have had to wait so I don't know what it is like to not have to wait. Who did you see in College Station. I working in a doctor's office.

Heidi said...

You'd think they'd realize waiting with an infant isn't the easiest thing int he world, not to mention getting to the dr. office in the first place!

Springers said...

Doesn't that always happen! Whenever I have a delivery its always 5 minutes past the window that you have been sitting around waiting on all day. I'm sure you had nothing else to do! :-)