Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Acting like a 15 year old...

Raising a girl is not easy. I have realized over the last week that I have a daughter who is almost 5 but can act like a 15 year old. She has had a real bad attitude lately. She has learned that when I am trying to discipline her that she can go in her room, shut the door, and lock it! I am not sure why there are locks on kids' bedroom doors. Sunday, she did it and ended up falling asleep up next to the door so Corey had to take the doorknob off and push the door open enough to get in to get her in bed. Today, I've finally had it... My friends Holly and Jasmin were over from church and she was downstairs trying to show off for them. That was fine but then she went upstairs came back down telling me she was playing with soap. I smelled her hands but it didn't smell like the soap...well after they left she brought down what she was telling me was soap. She was rubbing her hands in SUNSCREEN. She proceeded to tell me she needed it and I had to repeatedly tell her "no". She has been throwing a tatrum over and over. She basically has been acting like she is 15 by slamming the door to her room and crying. She does realize after about 5 minutes of it that she is wrong for acting in such a bad way and will come and say, "I am sorry mommy, I love you." I love that she is quick to come back down to earth but I definitely realized I am nowhere near wanting her to be a teenager!

No comments: