Thursday, February 05, 2009

Special Needs

This morning as I was taking care of Brady and Corey and Grant were getting ready to leave the house, I had the Today Show on TV. The story they had one was one that reminded me that Special Needs Kids can do anything if they put their mind to it! You can find the story here As I watched I was amazed at the high school senior basketball players who loved this boy despite him having down syndrome. Each day as I send Grant off to school I know that other kids are taught to accept kids with special needs such as down syndrome, autism, and other disabilities. I hope that in the future that as Grant gets older he'll be accepted and loved in whatever he chooses to do just as this amazing boy who got to be part of a basketball team. I admit that it is hard to raise a kid with a disability but it is definitely rewarding. Grant amazes me each day!!

No comments: