Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mom's Know Best...

Monday evening we spent time playing out on our playscape in the backyard. Corey came home and started pushing Brady in the swing and said to me, "Look, Brady is rubbing his ear." I replied to him, "I think he has an ear infection." It clicked that is what he's got to have because I know the tail tell signs for children under two having two kids before Brady came along. So this morning I get up, get Grant out the door to school, and Corey off to work. I called our doctor (I don't recommend him because I've had extremely long waits the last 3 times I've taken Brady in) and the appointment lady transferred me to the nurse which took a good 15 mintues on hold in order to talk to the nurse before she asked if I wanted him to be seen today. Of coarse I do...I know my kids well enough to know when to take them in! She gets me the first available which is at 11am. I started to think should I run my errands before the appointment or after. It was an easy choice...after. I got ready, Ashlyn ready, and Brady down for a short nap before going to the doctor. I arrived and they called us back right then and thought this should go fast because as a mom I know this kid has an EAR INFECTION-his first. Well, I get called back, they got his weight (20 lbs 10 ozs.), and asked the normal questions. I waited over an hour in the room for the doctor to see Brady. I was getting frustrated because this has happened more than once. I finally see the doctor and it only took 2 seconds of looking in his left ear to say the words, "You're right, he's got an ear infection." As I get older I realize how a mom's intuition is usually right on. I am hoping for better naps and a less fussier boy.

No comments: