Sunday, April 05, 2009

Electricity Use...

Our Electricity Monitor
This monitor drives me crazy when Corey is at home. Don't get me wrong I want to keep my electric bill as low as possible and this device can help a family to do it but I am not as obsessed with it as my dear husband. Corey being the engineering nerd he is...loves to get facinated by how many KW it goes up when you turn lights on in our house. He is amazed at how little KW are used when the washing machine starts. I mentioned to him that the dryer probably uses a good amount and he said, 'from now on I want you to start hanging clothes to dry'. HAHA-That will never happen! (This device is cool and when I am home alone I will notice when the KW gets high and that usually gives me an idea that Ashlyn leaving lots of lights on upstairs during the day. Each day it will tell you how much you used during the day and give you an idea of how much your electric bill will be. We just started using this device when it got hooked up on Thursday and it has made us more aware of turning lights off and all.)

No comments: