Monday, April 20, 2009

Last Week in Review...

Last Monday: The kids and I thought we'd recover from Easter weekend and went to Froberg Farms to go Strawberry Picking with some friends. The kids did great at it except I couldn't help them much having to hold Brady from getting all dirty and trying to eat things off the ground. The weather was great and we have lots of yummy strawberries. Tuesday: Ashlyn's 5th Birthday! She was so excited it was her birthday and yet we just had a little family celebration that evening before Corey was off to scouts. She is 5 years old and I am amazed at how 'tiny' she still is. Her 5 year stats are: 39 in. tall = 10% on the charts. 32 lbs = 3-10% on the charts. We know that she will be small it runs in both sides of the family. She definitely is a blessing in our house. Wednesday-Thursday: I am down and out sick along with Brady. I ended up having Strep Throat and Brady had an ear infection in the same ear as 2 weeks before. We got on medicine and started feeling better not long after. Friday: Ashlyn had her birthday party with her friends at Chuck E Cheese. We had it when it was the least crowded and it turned out great! She had fun playing the games there but wasn't that fond of Chuck E Cheese who came to the table to dance and sing with the 'birthday party'. A lot of her friends weren't scared of it but Ashhlyn was. I thought she was over her phobia of him but looks like she hasn't yet! Thanks to all her friends who came-we hope you had a great time! Saturday: Grant's 7th Birthday! Poor Grant who loves riding his bike couldn't ride his bike until about 5pm that day. It RAINED all day long. We basically hung out inside all day doing laundry and cleaning house, but as of today you couldn't tell that we even did either of those two things. We finally decided we had enough of the house and went back to Chuck E Cheese to have a pizza and use the leftover coins from Ashlyn's party for lunch. Then we headed to look at a gate for the top of the stairs to keep Brady from taking a tumble if he is upstairs but had no luck finding one that was sort of cheap and yet durable. We are still on the look out for one. For Grant's birthday we got him the Wii. He loves the sports games on it and they aren't that bad to play as a family. We celebrated with cupcakes for his birthday and he was fine with the whole day. Now I just can't believe he is 7-where did the time go? I will post pictures tonight after I get all the kids a bath and in bed....I also need to post on just Grant's birthday which I will also do then too! Be on the look out in the next week of some of their annual photos too!

1 comment:

blog_meg said...

aren't pictures a pain to post? And that's what everybody wants to see! :o)