Thursday, September 17, 2009
Phonograms
Before even moving to Katy, Texas we knew that this school district was absolutely amazing. This year I didn't really know what kind of homework was involved with a 1st grader but I thought I could teach him whatever he needed to know. I figured there was some spelling, writing sentences, some math, and to read. I never imagined that there was PHONOGRAMS to have to know in 1st grade. I don't remember what grade I learned them in but I know for sure that it was NOT in 1st grade. I am basically doing homework during the day trying to learn these phonograms and what I have to teach Grant for when he comes home from school. It is amazing to me how much they are asked to know in this school district. 1st grade has changed so much since I was in 1st grade ('84-85).
Another amazing thing is the parent involvement in the schools. I joined the PTA here and amazed at how they really do help out the teachers and plan lots of things for the kids. Today was a meeting for homeroom parents and I am one of the homeroom parents for Grant's class. I am excited to help out and get involved. I am also hoping to volunteer some in Ashlyn's class just not as the homeroom parent this year.
Well, not much else to blog about around here...we are headed to College Station tomorrow evening for Midnight Yell and then we will be going to the football game on Saturday evening. So there will definitely be pictures to come after the game. Gig'em Aggies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment