Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend Recap...

Just an FYI: I have no pictures of the weekend because I was busy taking pictures of others and also busy eating good food! Our weekend started out on Wednesday where I was busy taking family pictures for 3 gorgeous families! I will post some previews later this week. Corey was sweet enough to first take the day off from work and next to watch the kids while I was gone. It was good to catch up with these three families because I don't get to see them on a regular basis anymore at church. Wednesday night I came home exhausted, legs hurting and all!! It was worth it though :). Thursday (Turkey Day)-Corey headed out to Woodcreek Jr High to play flag football at church. He had fun and it sounded like it had a great turn out. While he was gone I was busy doing almost all the sides to the Thanksgiving Day meal. My parents came over at about 11:30pm with the turkey already done and the stuffing which I have to say my mom's stuffing is the best I've ever had! We ate and then watched some A&M basketball team and football team on TV. At least the basketball team won that day. We do have to say that the football team played hard and gave Texas a run for their money. I did the Black Friday shopping thing...I never went to bed Thursday night because I was headed out the door for some shopping at midnight! I went with my good friend Rene at 11pm to wait in line at Toys R Us in the cold. We wanted to get the girls (her daughter and my daughter are best friends, in the same Kindergarten class, and go to church together) some Barbie doll that was the best deal you could find. We found them so it was a success! We also found a few other things along the way...We made it in and out of Toys R Us by 1am and then headed to the mall. Katy Mills Mall wasn't too bad at 1am. We went to the Children's Place where we found really good deals, then we went into Old Navy for a few other things before leaving at 3am. It was a lot of fun to go to the mall and just doing shopping with a friend. Got home and into bed at 3:20ish and was awake by 7:30am by the kids bugging us for breakfast and a bike ride. Saturday was a day of getting things done around the house. I did the kids' laundry, Corey cleaned the bricks around our flower beds in the front, we put up the lights in the front yard, and we bought a Treadmill! I am so happy I can now exercise in the comfort of our house. I love the treadmill and on days like today (where it is cold and wet) I can still get a good jog in. I will have to take a picture of it. At the end of the day, my mother-in-law came by our house to get Grant's old bed since he is on a new bed right now. Well, we had a nice weekend and are looking forward to the holidays coming up! Next weekend...my birthday recap. I hope to have some pics later this week though up on here of the families I took pictures of!

No comments: