Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Parties 2010

Today was Valentine's Parties...I am the homeroom mom for Grant's class and I took pictures for the yearbook( I will spare you pictures of that on my blog) and this the only picture that came out of Grant...of coarse he's busy coloring a Valentine bookmark. He is doing well and the party was short and sweet. In 1st grade the parties are more low-key than Kindergarten so I think that made it so easy for the kids to do something simple and go home.

After being in Grant's class for about 20 minutes, I headed over Ashlyn's class. I got there just as they were done decorating and eating sugar cookies. I love Ashlyn's teacher and the class. Here they are.... Here Ashlyn is giving her teacher some Hershey Kisses and a card... Here is her 'mailbox'. I didn't do a shoebox for the sheer fact of having to buy stickers, valentine paper which cost more than the kit for this 'mailbox'. I love the mailbox idea it was simple and easy. So if you are looking for one that might be a leftover at the store for next year I found it at the SuperTarget here in Katy!Here she is fixing to open her Valentine's. She loved reading everyone's cards :)While I was waiting for Ashlyn to go through her mailbox I took some photos of some other cuties..This is McKenna who is our good friends' baby. She is so cute! I keep telling them Brady is going to marry her.This is McKenna and Ashlyn's BFF's sister Regan. She was cute wearing a little tutu over her jeans~This is my 'boy' who loves racing cars across the floor. He loves going into Ashlyn's class which has lots of things he can play with. I had to pry 3 cars out of his hands before leaving which was not easy. I would have to say the parties were a success. It is hard to juggle a toddler and going between two classes but it is so great to see our kids enjoying school!

No comments: