Monday, April 26, 2010

Nap or No Nap (at 21 months old?)

This month has been so busy, I think Brady got used to cat-napping in the car while I ran errands. Lately, I have realized that he is just grumpy if he doesn't get enough sleep. I am torn because if he doesn't get a nap in between 12-3 he will fall asleep as soon as we get home from getting the kids from school, which then inturns makes him be a serious night owl! On Friday, his nap was a whopping hour, Saturday he didn't nap but 5 minutes (in the car), and on Sunday, he didn't nap but 10 minutes (in the car, again). The fact of the matter is when he is completely exhausted and falls asleep when I am playing with him, I go put him down and he wakes up immediately-as if he can't stand the crib sheet. UGH! So, today I am making him cry it out which right now is not working after an hour...so does a 21 month old need a nap or what is the cure!? Grant stopped napping at his first birthday, Ashlyn would nap if she could at 2pm because the girl loves her sleep, and Brady I am trying to still figure out! Oh, sweet cute Brady-please nap for me especially so I have some down time to myself-esp when daddy is out of town!

2 comments:

E.C. said...

I would definitely try to hang on to the nap just a little longer. It makes them (and you!) so much happier. Is there any way to move your errands to a different time of day? Or, what if you woke Brady-Bear up earlier in the morning...would he be more sleepy around noon? Just some thoughts...good luck, girl!!

Julie said...

That doesn't sound like fun at all! Actually, Emily stopped napping when she was around that age. She stopped sleeping, but i still put her in bed. But she was always put down awake...we both got our quiet time.

She was the same way, if she DID sleep in the afternoon, she'd be awake late at night. But I didn't really care cause at least she was in bed!