Thursday, May 20, 2010
Soap Box
Ok, so last night I was watching the series on ABC 'What would you do?'. Yes, we occasionally watch it but there was a segment on about 'what would you do if...you saw a customer in front of you at the grocery store being rude to a person with special needs'. I know that it probably happens somewhere in America where people are rude to those people who don't fall into the 'normal' category. I was annoyed at watching the segment unfold at how many people let the 'actor' be rude to the sacker aka: the guy with down syndrome. My brother who is Autistic started out sacking groceries and I sat and wondered how many people were rude to him or just made him feel bad. I know so many mom's out there who have a kid with special needs and I am a mom to one as well. Remember that there are those who are different and they should be treated kindly too! Thank you for letting me vent....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment