Friday, April 08, 2011

Poetry by Grant

Last night at school there was 'Poetry and Pink Lemonade' for the second grade parents to come and see the poetry they've been working on. So, we went and had Grant read to us the poetry he's been writing. Autism causes most kids to be fixated on certain things to where it is all they talk about. Grant definitely has that trait. He either wrote poetry about Sadie or his handheld DS he got for Christmas. Here is what he wrote:
My DS is really cool.
I can't have my DS at school.
My DS is a tool.
I play my DS when I sit on a stool.
It was fun to see what types of poetry they've been learning about. I didn't get to take any pictures because we had our hands full as we had all our kids with us. A friend came by and took a picture and she is going to send it to me and when she does I will post it.

No comments: