Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving and more...

Well, I figure I'd better blog about the end of November before it is over tonight. Before Thanksgiving, Sadie had an ear infection in her left ear, Grant had strep, and Corey broke his nose while playing soccer. We are definitely ready for it to be 2012 with everything our family has gone through this year. This Thanksgiving was with the 'Zollinger' Family in College Station. We arrived on Wednesday and we went to Yell Practice to get ready for the game to t.u. on Thanksgiving evening. We didn't go to the game but we were yelling at the TV via my in-laws house. It was so fun to go to Yell Practice because we have not been since we were students in school. Here we all are at Yell Practice. This was on the 2nd deck. It was packed as all three decks on the student side were full!

Here is our family in which I was hoping to get Sadie to be awake for. She got bored during yell practice and slept on me. Corey's older brother and his family. When we have been around their friends in New Braunfels, people always think they look exactly alike...not in my opinion. One has hair and the other doesn't. This boy was hoping to see an actual football game. He was so cute and he is such a sports fanatic. When I look at this picture I think of him dreaming that one day he will play on this field. Gene and his youngest, Casch. Looking back at the top deck. That was all the dang pictures I took of us on my 'camera' for Thanksgiving up there. Sad isn't it? Well, I was busy with kids and visiting with family. We came home Friday afternoon and put our lights outside, put the tree, and decorated inside our home for the holidays. It was so nice to have it all done and now we are getting to enjoy watching the kids get excited about Christmas.

This is our tree. We have a fake tree which I inherited from my grandma after she passed away. I am grateful for that but I would love to have a pre-lit tree because putting up the lights is the worst!

The picture above is our table in the hallway that has our countdown that I made at craft night as well as a kid friendly nativity which is so nice with young kids. Our fireplace is below. I still have one thing I am hoping to make some wood snowmen to put on it but I am waiting on my husband to cut the wood for it.
Yep, I only took pictures of Yell Practice at Kyle Field during the Thanksgiving holiday and then I took just a few of our home decorated for Christmas. I have been slacking on our picture taking but the kids have kept me busy as well as things around the house. I am definitely making it a goal to take more pictures during the month of December.
We did get the 'Elf on the Shelf' this year for our home and it is the best! I love the Elf because it makes the kids be good because they believe that it goes to tell Santa how good they've been each day and every morning he ends up in a different place around the house. I have a picture of it but it is on Facebook. Well, that sums up our November and only one more hour until December starts. Just 5 days until my 33rd birthday and I am still trying to decide what I want for it. Definitely want cake.

No comments: