Thursday, January 05, 2012
2011 Recap..
This year I was just plain lazy with a Christmas letter with our Christmas card. So here is a little recap of our year in 2011...
January-we were blessed with the birth of our last baby, Sadie Kate Zollinger. She was born on 1-11-11 at 11:19am in Katy,Texas. We love her and she is just pure joy in our home.
February-I honestly can't remember anything about February!
March-Spring Break for the kids included some camping with friends from church. Corey took them as I stayed home with Sadie. Everyone had a great time!
April-Ashlyn turned 7 and Grant turned 9. Wow! Why do kids grow up so fast?!?
May-Corey turned 33!
June-Grant attended Cub Scout Day Camp for the first time and he loved it. Only sad part was he had strep throat by the 4th day and so he didn't get to be there the very last day!
July-we headed east to Destin, Florida. Loved it! I love the beach. I also love that we went with my brother in law, Gene, his wife, Alison, and their kids. The kids had so much fun playing together. Good family time! Can't wait to go back!!
August-Corey and I celebrated 11 years of marriage. Amazing how fast time goes. The kids also returned to school and are in 2nd and 3rd grade.
September-Brady started pre-school. He was so shy at first but he loves it now! He is growing up so much. This month was also full of medical visits to the eye doctor. I had an ulcer on my eye. It was painful and my eye looked horrible for several weeks. So many weeks, I lost count. By the end of the month, I had fractured my right foot. Just a bad month for me overall.
October-I was still in a boot for my fracture but eye was doing a bit better. For the most part of October I seemed handicapped. My eye didn't get better until about the week before Halloween. Halloween the kids dressed up and had a lot of fun getting candy. I had fun sorting through it and throwing most of it away.
November-I was able to see again and also walk normally again. I was so happy this month! Then Sadie went to the doctor before Thanksgiving and she had an ear infection. We spent Turkey Day in College Station and had a blast. The kids played outside with their cousins and we also took them to Kyle Field for Yell Practice the night before the last A&M v. UT game. Totally fun to do that but A&M lost to UT on Thanksgiving night.
December-more visits to the pediatrician than I care to remember. We took Sadie in 3 times in December all for the on-going ear infection. Then 1 time for Brady because he had walking pneumonia. My birthday came and went but had the best suprise ever by some of my favorite people in the world who showed up with a birthday cake for me. Christmas was wonderful and we had Corey home for a whopping 12 days in a row. Oh, and the best gift to ourselves...an iPad2! We love it.
Now we are in 2012 and I am looking forward to a fun and exciting year! Sadie turns 1 this coming week, Ashlyn turns 8 and will be baptized, and I am going with 3 of my best friends to NYC in May! We are excited for this year and look forward to whatever comes our way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment