Friday, February 08, 2008

Thankful for such wonderful Kindergarten Teachers

Today I volunteered in Grant's kindergarten class because they were doing a celebration of the 100th day of school. There are 19 kids in Grant's class and boy it is tiring to watch that many bodies of energy do so much. I was there from the time lunch was over to the time school got out. I mentioned to his teacher that they must take 2 tylenol a day and want a nap real bad in the middle. They said they have their days but that it was rewarding overall. Grant's teacher is amazing and I just have no idea how she does it. She is so organized and has so much more patience than I do! Grant's teacher aide that helps him in Kindergarten class is so awesome and has so much love for kids with special needs. I believe that teachers have a special gift that a lot of us just don't have especially with 5 and 6 year olds. They put up with so much and its amazing how big their hearts are with these kiddos. I am grateful for them and thier love towards my son and each kid in their class. I just don't know how they do it! I really had a chance to get a glimpse of Grant's day at school and how the teachers deal with him. Oh, I wish I had the chance to tell them everyday for how wonderful these teachers are to me and I am sure to Grant. Teachers like Grant's...Mrs.Allen, Mrs. Lynch, and Ms. Layton are the most amazing people I have ever met! There truly is no other teacher like them!!!

No comments: