Sunday, March 02, 2008

How sick can one family get??

Ok,so my post is basically venting about our household sicknesses. A month ago, I had strep as Corey went to California for a few days but had a wonderful OB/GYN give me some antibiotics that are safe for me to take being pregnant. It worked great!! I got better and no one else got sick from me. Well, Valentine's night Ashlyn got a little stomach bug which luckily no one else contracted. Six days later, she had it again or just never got over it the first time. Luckily again no one else ever got that one either! Then two Sundays ago Corey started feeling bad but had to go out of town the following Monday through Thursday and was sick the whole time he was gone. The day after he got back everything was fine. This past Monday, went on a field trip and was perfectly healthy as well as the day after. Well, Tuesday night he wasn't doing so great and so from then on he had a fever, cough, runny nose, etc through yesterday(Saturday). He was just flat out tired. He missed school and basically just hung out on the couch. I think I have come to the fact that he had the flu. Everyone seemed to be doing good yesterday evening and then I got the clue that Ashlyn was coming down with what Grant had and she had the flu shot this year! This morning before church everyone seemed to be doing good so we went to church-big mistake! We should have stayed home to rest. Ashlyn is no running a fever, coughing, and congested! I believe she has the flu now and I am getting sick too!! I have a headache, and a cough which hopefully will be it. But it is miserable when you are pregnant to be sick, taking care of the sick family members, and not getting enough rest. We are all taking over the counter medicine and hopefully we will all be better by next weekend when Spring Break starts around here!!! I think this is the most we as a family have been sick but I hear through all our friends that it has happened at their house too. If you are well, hope that you stay that way. If you are under the weather, I hope you get better soon!! Please pray that our house gets better real real soon so that we can have a normal life doing things we need to get done!

1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

Seriously ya'll need to get better!!! Good luck with all that, hopefully the end is in sight!!