Monday, November 24, 2008

What could a 30 year old want???

Over the last month I have been trying to think about what I want for my 30th Birthday. Corey got embarassed at work by me and the kids as well as the sunglasses he'd been wanting. I think about lots of things I want but they sort of seem silly. There are times when I want the following... clothes, new shoes, an IPOD (I know I am way behind in not having one), or a Wii (it would be fun to play from what I've heard and seen). Well, then I start thinking-I just want friends to come over and celebrate and a for Brady to sleep through the night. It just seems like I can't figure out what I would like. I know the best thing would just to ask for nothing but it is a big milestone birthday so I'd like to remember it forever. What do you think someone like me should want for her birthday?? I won't be 30 until December 5 but I have to think of something that I could hint at Corey getting me.

4 comments:

Katy Schepis Edmondson said...

I turn 28 tomorrow and have know idea what I want. I guess for Garrett to be in town....

Liz G. said...

It's funny how your wants change after having kids. It too, just would LOVE to just sleep all night long with no interruptions and then into the morning for a while! To me, there's no better gift than having my friends and family around me - I can get the other stuff anytime!

Unknown said...

Ok...I'm big on gifts and it sounds like you need some schooling on this subject. I'm mean, come on, you didn't even mention jewelry! Or,a trip without the kids (solves the Brady sleeping through the night issue). The WII is great for Christmas, kind of a family thing not a 30th thing and the Ipod is good but still not 30th material..more mother's day or christmas. An Iphone could maybe pass for 30th. clothes are always good for any occasion but, for the 30th, it needs to be a shopping spree. I should just call because I could go on! Better yet, tell Corey to call me!

Mindy said...

C'mon Kate, you gotta think bigger! Trip to Paris? A new car? These things would make your 30th truly memorable! ;)

Or you could come to Austin and have a birthday bash with the P-ville crowd...