Monday, December 08, 2008

FINALLY...SLEEP!

I've been sort of scared about letting Brady sleep upstairs in his crib since we moved here which sounds silly. He never slept in the crib before we moved from Austin either. Well, for the last few weeks I have been walking around the house telling Corey that a nice birthday present for me would be for Brady to sleep in his own crib and all night without any feedings! So, after being up a lot with Brady the nights surrounding my birthday I finally had decided we have to get him to sleep on his own... The first night he slept in his crib was Saturday night-the 6th (I know what you must be thinking...he's going to be 5 months old next week and we are wimpy parents esp this being our 3rd kid)-he only got up because he lost his pacifier twice. I went and rescued the pacifier first and the next time Corey went. Well, I am not sure if he really slept that good because I found him so upset Sunday morning before church that it made me wonder if he really got enough sleep. The answer to that.....NO. He slept from the 45 minutes before we left for church and then for the next 2 1/2 hours after that! We realized he must be EXHAUSTED! The rest of the day he ate and slept a lot but were cat naps. I thought we can't give in tonight... Well, here it is almost 6:30 in the morning and I am happy to say he slept from 8:15pm til 5:15am...YAY! I fed him when he got up at 5:15 then he is back asleep :) I am such a happier person with 2 nights of sleep basically uninterrupted. I have been frustrated that Brady would get up a lot and I would also hear that other babies his age or younger are sleeping for really long stretches in the night but now I am a much more rested person which will make me more productive throughout the day! I thought I need to get him to sleep in his crib but just couldn't bring myself to putting him in his crib so far away! That is why he slept in the pack-n-play for our room for sooooooo long! So, it only took one night to get him for him to stop waking up thinking he needs to eat and it only took us almost 5 months to get him out of the pack-n-play in our room to get him to his crib. We are pretty pathetic, huh? The pack-n-play is still up in our room for naps that occur when Grant and Ashlyn are upstairs playing, being too loud and he'll need a nap. I am happy that he is sleeping better!!! I am finally happy to report we are getting a better night's sleep.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I am so jealous. Colton is almost 7 months and still doesn't sleep that much at night. he is in his own room (finally), but somehow I have convinced myself that it is easier to get up and feed him for 10 minutes than listen to him crying for who knows how long. Maybe I will be brave like you one day soon!