Thursday, April 02, 2009

A Crappy Crappy Day!

Today, I had to run errands and went to register Ashlyn for Kindergarten (Katy ISD is really on top of it when it is only the beginning of April). I went to Sam's today and let me start by saying how much I hate going into the one closest to my house-hate it big time! I was sort of in a rush but being polite to those needing in and out of isles. Well, I was in the far back of the store when I was almost run into by a lady and her daughter who looked like they could have tried to get ready for the day and then for them to cut me off on the next isle and then push others out of the way. It turns out I was at the check out right behind them and they put all their stuff at the registers and left their cart completely in the way so other's couldn't check out. It completely drove me crazy that I had to be around these 'incompetent' people while there. I think the extremely high winds brought on the 'incompetent' people! Another annoying thing is that Ashlyn has been getting up between 3:30am and 4:30am every morning for the last 3 mornings! She isn't sick or anything she just comes in our room and starts whispering at me. I am so exhausted from this phase that she must be going through and the worst part is last night Grant came in to our room at 5 am! Do our kids not undertand that we don't get up until 7am during the week?? Starting tonight we will be putting their sleeping bags on the floor with a pillow that way if they want to come in and sleep in our room it will be on the floor...eventually I know they will stay in their beds because this happened when we lived in Austin and they got the point that the floor is just not comfortable! Last of all or for now...I can't believe how many glass things my son-Grant has broke in the last week. He's dropped nail polish on the tile in the kitchen, two jars full of baby food, and today he dropped my huge and expensive Yankee Candle-Island Spa scent- on the tile floor in our living room! I do have to say that I did drop an empty glass jar of baby food at my friend Stacy's house- I am still so sorry about that Stac! I guess I am amazed at all the glass things that Grant is breaking lately because he is almost 7 and I figured it would have happened when he was much younger. I am thinking I need glass-proof my house for awhile or maybe forever. Ok, time for me to hope that the rest of the day goes better...we'll see!

2 comments:

Katy Schepis Edmondson said...

Sorry you had a bad day. Hope it gets better for ya.

Liz G. said...

When I have those days, all I can say in my evening prayers before bed is, "I'm thankful that today is over!" and that's all I say!