Sunday, April 05, 2009
Our Weekend
This weekend was the usual chores...mowing the grass, cleaning the house, and doing the laundry. The most chaotic part of the weekend was soccer pictures at the soccer fields in Katy on Saturday. As the team mom, I was supposed to show up an hour and 45 minutes before the game to get the paperwork turned in and get the team organized. I thought, 'This is crazy' and it was! I got there late but it also took me over 45 minutes to find a place to park!!! The photography company did this so completely disorganized that everyone at the fields waiting for pictures were getting aggravated. We eventually got the team picture taken and with 10 minutes to spare we still had to get the kids individual pictures taken. Finally right at game time(3pm) we finished. I couldn't have been happier that the pictures were finished-such a nightmare! The game was much better this week for Ashlyn. First, it wasn't cold like the week before so she was in a better mood. Second, she scored a goal! Lastly, she dribbled the ball and blocked the ball in the game. She had the BIGGEST smile on her face after the game and before she fell asleep in the car on the way home. All in all my 3 hours spent up at the soccer fields was tiring!
The last thing I want to blog about just shows how out-of date we are as 30 year olds or how cheap we are...Our neighbor who is probably in his 50's or 60's has an IPOD! We saw him listening to it as he mowed his lawn after we got home from Ashlyn's soccer game. Corey and I couldn't believe it but at the same time we don't have an IPOD or an MP3 player. I'd like an IPOD seeing as though I am trying to stay in shape by walking with some neighbors during the week so maybe one day we'll come out of the stone ages and get one. Do we sound pathetic or what?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment