Sunday, May 03, 2009

So this weekend has been CRAZY in my opinion and I have done a lot of thinking today of how much I complained this weekend. I either complained that it was too hot and humid, how much longer the home improvement project would take, how much Brady was whinning, or just complained of how much our house needed a serious cleaning. My poor husband heard me complain and it made me realize how much I need to find Joy in the Journey in our home as a wife, mom, and friend. I need to stop being bothered by how much Brady whines especially when I know he's teething. The one thing I want to really work on is how not to get frustrated when his home improvement projects take 3 trips to Home Depot and all day on Friday and Saturday, when we have to stop from the work to go to 2 soccer games. I am grateful for my husband and all his hard work he does on our house because he makes our house nice on the outside while I am trying (probably not hard enough) on making it comfortable on the inside. I am grateful he mows the grass and edges, he picks weeds, and all his other projects. Thank you , honey-you are amazing and I love you!! I've complained of how we've gotten ourselves into the soccer parent mode and it is too hot, etc. Well, I am glad our kids are involved in some sport and that we meet other amazing parents along the way. It also gives our kids the oppourtunity to learn to play as a team and learn skills. I am learning to appreciate the craziness of our Saturdays and I know that I'll miss it when they are grown and gone. I sometimes have complained of how we've lived here for 6 months and haven't found a close friend. I am not sure why and maybe it happens to be my attitude or maybe the person hasn't come along yet. Who knows? I have lots of friends just no one I feel comfortable calling to go shopping with or go have lunch with. I am more comfortable with living in Katy, Texas and our family is extremely happy living here. My goal is no more complaining it is to be happy and proactive about things! So, now you see why I've changed the title of my blog because I am working hard at all of the things of being a wife, a mother, and a friend... Next up...uploading pictures on to the blog but it will have to wait until after the kids go to bed!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

It always seems to take me about a year to really get settled and and make those really good friends. Hang in there!!!

Jenn Whitney said...

I know how you feel...I still haven't found a really close friend here in DC and we have been here nearly 2 yrs! Everyone here that has kids are in their 40s...and people our age are still single or just getting engaged! Totally different world than Texas. I miss home!