Monday, April 27, 2009

Motherboard

This morning I took my laptop in and the technician said it was the motherboard that crashed and will need to be replaced if I want to keep the laptop. I found out the motherboard is the key part to a computer/laptop. It costs around $200ish just for the part and then on top of that another few hundred dollars of labor to get it in and fixed. After talking to the tecnician he said it would be best to get another laptop if that was possible because he sees so many laptops just like mine which means they aren't that great. I have had a lot of problems with my laptop and have only had it for 2 years! I definitely would never recommend it to anyone looking for a laptop. It has given us headaches with all the problems I've had to deal with. On another note...I am so glad that my husband has a job but not traveling this week (as far as I know). They had layoffs this past week for the 2nd time in 6 months and he is safe. They don't anticipate doing any layoffs the rest of the year. I am grateful that he has a job right now. We moved from Austin to Houston knowing that this job had more risks to it. We took a leap of faith and moved to Katy and are really enjoying it here. I am really thankful that he is so supportive and that he works hard so I can stay at home with the kiddos. Thanks, honey!

2 comments:

The Walker Family said...

We have two laptops and a computer. I have no idea what the two laptops are but, our home is a Dell and we like it. Although, I hear once you have a Mac you will never go back sooo if it was me I would probably go the Mac route. Good luck. See you tomorrow. :)

Jenn Whitney said...

So I am reading your blog here...just two days ago Trey (2yrs old) dropped our Sony Viao (we just got it last Aug!) laptop. Poor thing won't turn on. My mom and dad are huge Mac fans so I am pondering a MacBook for our next laptop. But man are they pricy! Hope you find a good laptop!! Keep us updated :o)