Friday, June 19, 2009

The past week...

I have been feeling like I should update about our kids. This week the kids started swim lessons and it has been going great! Ashlyn has been taking lessons from Darby who is the daughter of some friends here in Katy. It has gone well to the point that she is constantly showing me everything when we go to the pool. I love it because she has gained so much confidence in herself to swim and she talks about Ms. Darby all the time and what they've been working on! I didn't take pictures of her first week of lessons but I'll get some this coming week! Grant is doing swim lessons here at our pool in the neighborhood. He loves it and asks when his lessons are everyday. Camille another daughter of some friends of ours is teaching him. She is doing great with him. Grant is still very hesitant about putting his face in while putting his face in the water but it has a lot to do with his Autism. He has noticed that Ashlyn is doing her swimming all by herself at the pool and is trying to be like her. So I think we have a competition going on to see which kid will swim better and dive in better. We've spent plenty of days at the pool this week and am glad that I have even though it is hard with 3 kids! The best part of them swimming a lot is that they are keeping up their swimming skills and getting out of the house! The heat has been brutal but I am hoping that it will rain sometime soon here...we need it! Ok, well, next time we go to the pool I am going to take my camera so I can get some pictures of the kids when we are there but also at their lessons!

No comments: