Wednesday, July 01, 2009
Last night I went to a friend's 30th birthday party up in Humble. It was a great little gathering and it was nice to get away from the kids. Yes, it is normal to have kids and love them so much but yet want to get away from them for a few hours every once in awhile. As I drove on I-10 my cell phone rings (it was Corey calling) as I picked it up I thought, 'I just left what could be wrong?' Well, Corey starts asking where Ashlyn's bathing suit was and I had to tell him that I had on idea. With him talking to me all 3 kids were either crying or asking, 'Where did mommy go?' or 'I want to talk to mommy!' Corey askes me to talk to Ashlyn....She asked me where I was going, where her bathing suit was, etc. Grant gets on the phone and says, 'What are you doing?' I told him where I was going and that I'd see him in the morning. I told him to give Ashlyn a hug for me and then proceeds to do all while telling me, 'Alright mommy, Have fun and I love you!' I know that as much kids can drive you crazy it is so wonderful to hear those 3 little words....I love you!
I got home and all the kids were in bed and Corey was getting his nightly bedtime snack 'ice cream' to eat when he starts telling me about a conversation he and Ashlyn had while I was gone. He told me that Ashlyn asked him, 'What kind of games is mommy playing at the party?' Corey then just starts naming off games to please her. I thought it was cute that she thinks mommy plays kid games at a friend's 30th birthday party :). This morning she asked me if I played Candyland and Memory and all I could do was say 'yes, dear'. Ahh...the innocense my kids have. Hope you had a great birthday party Krissy!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment