Monday, August 24, 2009
First Day of the '09-'10 School Year
Today was the day I was looking forward to for about half the summer...the 1st day of the school year. Now, I wish the kids were home since the house is so quiet. I have to remind myself you can't have it all. It is just Brady and I and I think he is already bored. He started his nap about an hour earlier than normal. Here are my 1st grader and my Kindergartener on the front porch right before we hop in the car for school....
Here is my girl entering a new phase in life...She seems so much bigger now!
Grant loves school and he's had several first days already...he's been in the school system since he was '3' due to his autism. Here he is being a little silly.
It looks as if we walked to school but I drove-(yes in the heat and humidity I'd be insane to walk from our hosue a whole 1 mile) and parked on the street and we got out and walked. Here they are holding hands as they head off to Kilpatrick Elementary. It is so cute how Grant is showing her the way. Kids grow up way too fast!
I took Grant to class first because I was trying to hang on to the time I had with Ashlyn but he went straight in to class and sat at his desk. He had no problem with me leaving him. The boy just loves school and I love that he excels in school.
Grant and his teacher Mrs.Brock. She is so nice and I know she'll be so good for Grant!
After getting Grant to class I walked Ashlyn to her room. I walked passed so many parents crying and all I'd let my eyes do was get watery. I was determined to be strong for Ashlyn and not let her see tears run down my face. I got to her room and she walked in and let go of my hand. I was sad but so happy at the same time. I helped her get her name tag on and snapped some pictures before leaving. She was so cute. My little girl is growing up on me! I already miss her help and Brady misses having someone to play with.
Here she is before I walked out the door...I know she is in good hands. This is her teacher Mrs. O'Neal and I am so pleased with her. I am glad that she is Ashlyn's teacher.
As I sit here, I have the schedule of what they do in Kindergarten and so I know what she is doing. I also know that Grant is in good hands. I have to say that any teacher in Katy ISD is amazing and you can't go wrong with any of them! Now my days are filled with hanging with Brady and teaching him things :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so cute!! i'm glad they both had a fun first day. Glad you enjoyed your day too!!
buy cheap viagra soft viagra alternative can women take viagra viagra lawyer ohio viagra shelf life cheap viagra walmart buy online viagra buy viagra online at viagra commercial canyon filmed viagra buy price iframe does viagra work cheapest uk supplier viagra viagra lawyer columbus buy viagra australian
Post a Comment