Saturday, August 22, 2009

WARNING...

Never ever make cookies when there is a bad rain storm that includes lightning and thunder! Let's just say I was electrocuted during the cookie making since our house was stuck by lightning last night. The metal spoon I was using touched the metal cookie sheet and BAM! I was fortunately ok but felt every bit of electricity in my body... The same time that happened to me in the kitchen...our TV/Satellite went out and only half our power went out. I can't recall much that happened since I just about went into shock of what happened to me. The lightning and thunder was so loud that I can't even remember what all I said or did. Corey said I screamed like I was in serious trouble. If you want to know the real story just ask Corey since he remembers more than me... he was watching the TV when it all happened. Now, I have learned a very important lesson...I need some wooden spoons to make cookies during a Houston Rain Storm or just don't make cookies!

3 comments:

amanda said...

I am just glas that you are ok. Wow! What a story to tell, though! We had 3 1/2 inches! Yet Kyle is waterskiing today! wild!

Katy Schepis Edmondson said...

The last time we were in a really bad storm, lightening strick the house across the street from us. It blew off the gass meter. Everyone was lucky it didn't explode. These Houston storms can be scary sometimes.
I hope you are doing better. Yes, wooden spoons would be a good thing.

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

Yikes. That would be pretty scary. I am glad that all is okay.