Friday, September 18, 2009

First Victim...Grant

Well, today I got a call from the nurse at the school saying that Grant was running a fever. I headed right over to get him and took him straight to the doctor's office. He's so miserable and I found out that he probably has the flu. He had shown any signs until today at school. The tested him for strep because his throat is red and they also did a flu test since he had the normal chills and runny nose. The strep test came back negative and the flu test was inconclusive but the doctor said her gut feeling was the flu with the symptoms he complained about. He's our first flu victim this school year and it is so hard on him. Hard on me to watch him just cry about how he wants his blanket (yes at 7 he still has one that he loves) and to go to bed. He's sound asleep right now and the other two are playing away. I am not sure how he got the flu seeing as though I am huge into my kids washing their hands all the time! Oh, well. I am sure he'll be doing a lot of sleeping this weekend. As for us, I am hoping we don't get it and that we can get him better fast. I am now going into clorox and lysol mode....

4 comments:

Chad and Jen Chamberlain said...

So sorry Kate! Hope Grant feels better soon and that none of the rest of you get it! We'll have to get together when things calm down...if that ever happens:o)! Love ya!

E.C. said...

Uh oh...I'll keep my fingers crossed for y'all! Flu-sick kids are the pits.

amanda said...

hang in there-keira was positive tight away and the tamilfu has helped a lot! i so feel your pain and I cloroxed every too and called Dr. Massoud as soon as we got home from urgent care for the other kids!

Steph said...

Oh, no fun! At least he gets to sleep it off. I hope you don't get it!