Monday, October 19, 2009

Blog Post #500

I am finally sitting down to do some blogging about what we've done lately. The second weekend of October, Corey's dad wanted us to come check out his boat that is primarily for fishing but could also be used for water skiing/tubing. In my opinion it looks like a fishing boat and that is all. Anyways we made the 1 hour trek to good ole Lake Sommerville. Here are picks of us freezing our tails off while letting the kids try and fish. Brady was just cranky for three reasons...1.he hated the life jacket. 2. he was cold. 3.he was teething.

Here are Grant and Corey trying to catch fish. No one caught a fish. It was probably too cold! Ashlyn was more interested in fishing on the boat. It was cute. Corey helped her cast and reel the line back in. They loved Grandpa's new BIG toy. I am not sure I will step foot on it again until it gets hot again! It was too cold.

On another note...I have to say we are so blessed with wonderful neighbors! I honestly love our neighbors here in Katy. There are lots of kids for our kids to play with! We enjoy being out on the street visiting with them and letting the children play! The other day we were over at a neighbors house and here are some of the kids playing...(not the best of pictures since they were taken with my phone).

Here are Grant and Zenden on the roof of the little tikes house. Here is Zenden being silly! He is one of Ashlyn's many best friends. Here is my precious daughter, Ashlyn who will let me take her picture (most of the time). Earlier in the day I met my parents (who live about an hour from us) at Memorial City Mall. They bought Brady and I lunch, bought me a shirt which I absolutely love, paid for Brady and I to ride the little train, watched my dad try his hand at ice skating, and just hang out for a few hours. It was so nice. Brady loved the candy dispensers by the ice skating rink. He thought they were fabulous to lift up the opening where the candy comes out and hide his toy car 'Sally' from the Cars Movie. That was such fun entertainment for him and us. Here he is being so adorable! See that car in there mom? He's so cute!!!!!!

Finally on to this weekend...Saturday-Corey spent his day putting up more shelves to store things in our laundry room. He is so awesome for doing such a geat job on the shelves! He cut, sanded, painted them, put them in, etc! He loves projects around the house and about every few months I usually can find one for him to do. This one wore his legs and back out so it will be awhile before I have a project for him to do. Here are pics I tried to get but will have to take better ones once I get the shelves organized! You have to ignore the mess on the left (the exsisting shelves). My husband is so great at doing these shelves for me! This is Corey and his drill. He loves this drill! A Dewalt drill. He even mentioned to me, "This drill is the one of the best investments I have bought. The first was your engagement ring." Corey sure loves his toys...oh I mean his tools. Love you honey! So during the shelving work, Corey's lawn mowing, and other things...I took Ashlyn to a birthday party for a kid in her class. Well, let's just say that the party brought me back to my childhood days...It was at the Roller Skating Rink here in Katy! I haven't been to a roller skating rink since sometime in the 80s! Here she is trying to skate on her own...she did pretty good!
Well, that is enough blogging for now...we did carve our pumpkin yesterday but I was too lazy to take pictures of us doing it. I'll just have to get some pictures of the finished project. Whew...that was post 500~!

No comments: