Friday, November 06, 2009

Good-bye Grandma

My dear grandma passed away today at the age of 86. She was born and raised in Houston. She was near and dear to my heart. I have lived close by almost my whole life. We stayed at her house all the time when we came back to Houston to visit when we lived in College Station and Austin. She made us feel so at home. I have so many memories of the time I was able to spend with her in the past 31 years. She came to see me be married to Corey, she has loved my children (her great-grandchildren) so much, she showed so much love to Corey, me, and my children. I regret not being able see her this past Sunday night at the hospital. I haven't seen her this year but twice-the last time being over Spring Break before and after we went camping. She will always hold a dear place in my heart.

2 comments:

Val said...

So sorry, Kate. It's always hard to lose someone you love.

Mindy said...

I'm sorry for your loss Kate. She was lucky to have such a wonderful family.