Friday, January 22, 2010

Out of the Mouth of our Babe...

Ashlyn: Mom and Dad, I am going to invite 10 girls and 1 boy to my birthday party. Us: Really!? Your birthday isn't until April but who is the one boy? Ashlyn: Connor A. Me: Ahhh the boy who all the girls like in class, huh? Ashlyn: (complete silence) When did girls like boys in Kindergarten!? I didn't like boys that young! She definitely will have to invite more than just the one boy to the party or he'll feel very very left out. Another funny- Ashlyn: Mommy, how come you are throwing away all that stuff (papers) in the trash? Me: Because I am done looking through it all and it is now trash. Ashlyn: Is it because you don't like the things I make at school? Me: I love what you bring home from school, I can't keep all of it sweetie. I loved looking at it for a few days and now it needs to go in the trash so that I can look at what you will bring to me in the next few days. Ashlyn: You don't like my work. Me: I do, I promise but it piles up and I just can't keep it all. Oh my sweet daughter, I love what y'all do at school! I love that you want to keep it all but I am not a pack rat. I keep the things I know you spend lots of time on at school. It stinks when my daughter comes secretly down the stairs as I try to clean up the mounds of paper that is over running my kitchen counters and I try to throw it in the trash. She sure is becoming more and more cute as she blossoms from being in Kindergarten!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I know what you mean about school papers. I started a tray where Corbin could put all his papers and then every few weeks we go through and he gets to pick three he really wants to keep and the rest we get to recycle. He really liked the idea of recycling - maybe Ashlyn would?