Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Easter 2010

Easter Weekend started out with the kids being out of school and so we went over to a friend's house where they had a potluck and egg hunt for the kids. It was fun! I do have pictures to this event which I will add later. Friday afternoon we got ready and headed to Corpus Christi with some of Corey's family (his parents, 2 brothers, and our nephew). We were going to be camping at the Naval Air Station there since Corey's dad is retired military. They have a 5th wheel (a type of RV) and we planned on camping next to them in our tent. After almost 3 hours of driving, Corey realizes we had no poles to the tent. So, after talking back and forth to his older brother who used to live in Corpus, he tells us to just go by the Academy and buy a tent. Thank you Academy for being open until 10pm at night! It saved us but I had no idea what was in store by camping near the beach where it is humid as EVER! We got the tent set up and all and finally went to bed to realize that the tent wasn't the best there was and I was so miserable in the night. The humid air plus the strong winds made me want to go home so bad by Saturday! Saturday came and the kids spent some time down at the beach, not the best beach either, collecting seashells and trying to build a sand castle. We spent other parts of the day just in the RV with my mother-in-law. The boys went fishing and caught one fish the entire day by none other than our nephew, Stetson! The fish was 37 in and weighed probably 30ish pounds. Then Saturday night the weather was really windy and wet/humid again! I have decided that I rather sleep in the woods than near a beach and if you know me you know how much I love the beach. I just will not sleep in a tent near one ever again! We packed up Sunday morning for the drive home. I was so glad to be home in our house on Sunday!! There you have it folks, it a nutshell of our weekend. Now we are on to very busy Saturdays ahead but are looking forward to it all...

No comments: