Friday, April 23, 2010

Workout...

In November, I told Corey that I wanted to start getting in shape. We then started looking into treadmills. The treadmill has been good for when you want to run/walk and I like it... but I still haven't lost a pound! Why is that?! Who knows! A neighbor and friend from church asked me if I wanted to work out with her...I told her I had to think about it and I'd get back to her. It only took 1 day for me to take a good look in the mirror and figured I need more than just a workout on the treadmill. So, I let her know I was in and figured we could motivate each other. She and I made today the first workout and it was HARD but WORTH IT. The workout is the 'Biggest Loser Workout' which promises some nice abs. I am all about that after I saw what I need to fix. I couldn't do the entire workout but made it farther than I thought I would. We are only on the 1st week but we are determined to get in shape. You workout to the video 4 times a week and the other day you do some other sort of work out so we figured we'd either bike ride around Cinco Ranch or go walking. I have a good feeling this is going to work since both of us want to get in shape before swim suit season. Hopefully I will be diligent at working out while she is out of town this coming week :)

2 comments:

Katy Schepis Edmondson said...

That is awesome. Good luck. I just signed up for the gym and love it. It is so much easier to do it with a friend. Have fun.

Mindy said...

It definitely helps to have a buddy. "Getting in shape" seems to be a never-ending quest. Good luck.