Friday, October 08, 2010

Seriously!?

I don't know if it is because I am pregnant or what, but I went to the grocery store with Brady and was looking for a parking spot that was one of the one's 'Customer with Child Parking' spaces.  I like those when I am prego and feeling tired and have to have another kid in tow.  As I was driving up slowly to see where a guy was parked he started getting his groceries into his car where he parked.  Well, where do you think he parked?  In the space meant for people with kids!  I was appalled and being prego and hormonal I just thought to myself, how selfish is he!  I am sorry but as a mom with a kid and who is pregnant those spots are precious to me and others like me.  So, if you think you need to park in one of those spots and the sign does not apply to you, PLEASE do not park there!  Ahh, that feels good to type that :)!

As for my other pet peeve...as I was coming home from the grocery store (yes I was sort of in a hurry because it was almost time for the kids to be getting out of school), I drove up to my driveway with a lawncare company's truck and trailer half in my driveway.  Yes, I think it is rude to park with your car blocking part of someone's driveway!  I asked the dude to move it and since he never did, I think it is due to him only speaking Spanish.  Boy, do I need to learn that language!  I just want to be able to drive in my driveway and not feel like I am going to hit some sort of truck.  Maybe, today was just not my day for things.  I don't know but I know that I get a 3 day weekend with taking the  kids filled with going to the SHAC Jam in College Station tomorrow, and some down time with my kids and husband on Sunday.  I can't wait for Sunday afternoon! 

Ok...enough of my soapbox.  I just had to get that off my chest!

1 comment:

Springers said...

I wish they had some way to enforce those parking spots a little. Well, people shouldn't be so rude as to ignore them... but I wish they could get tickets or something! You should have got out and cried about how you were pregnant and tired and had a toddler, and really given it to him!! LOL