Friday, September 23, 2011

REALLY?...SERIOUSLY?...

The past 2 weeks have been the worst of the year! (Mom, if you are reading this...stop now since you will freak out and stress). Two weeks ago, I woke up with my eye read and swollen. I thought it was from the smoke in the air around Houston from all the fires due to the drought. I didn't think anything of it and went about taking the kids to playgroup, etc. The very next day, I was complaining and so Corey drove me over HEB's Redi-clinic and they said I had 'pink eye'. They gave me a precription and I went on my way. Well, after 3 days of that, my eye was not getting better and I was ready to pull my eye out. Tuesday (day 5), I went to my eye doctor and he told me I had a severe ulcer in my eye! I was totally in shock, had no idea what to say or do. He then referreed me over to an eye specialist here in Katy for the next morning. Next morning I was given some more eye drops that are supposed to be pretty powerful and went on my way. Well, here I am 2 weeks from the day this all started and my eye is still hurting, less swollen, yet taking too long to get better. I have been to the specialist so many times, I feel like we might be broke because they haven't made me pay...yet. I am hoping all the follow-up visits are covered. I am now waiting on eye drops that won't be available until Monday or Tuesday because we had to go to the Katy Pharmacy for a compound eye drop. Please...Please...Pray that my eye starts feeling better this weekend! I so need it! Well, if that wasn't enough...Wednesday morning I finally told Corey I have had enough of this with my eye. So on my way back down the stairs after getting kids up ready for school, Corey was at the bottom of the stairs and says to me, 'Come here and let me give you a hug'. Love my husband and wish he could work from home with all this, but he can't. So, already not being able to see 20/20, I step off the bottom stair and onto his work shoes he was wearing...see where this is going?...My right foot rolled sideways towards the tile, foot must have hit the tile or just rolled unusually hard, I hear a crack and start yelling so loud I almost feel as though I could have woke the neighbors. Well, Corey being the most awesome husband and father he got the kids ready and off to school. I keep looking at my foot and it kept looking really bad. We figured we'd finally call the awesome Orthopedic Surgeon's at Richmond Bone and Joint Clinic to see if I could get my foot looked at. We'll as you probably can guess...I have a hair line fracture on the top side of my right foot. My foot is in a lovely, black walking boot. It is my new accessory. Should heal in 4-6 weeks. Hopefully sooner than that. Then yesterday, we had a scare but luckily it was a total mistake and I will probably be struck by lightning because of saying, 'I am so happy it was another girl and their family'. The nurse from the kid's elementary school called a little after 9 and luckily I knew Corey was on his way home from taking Brady and his friend to preschool. She called and said, 'Ashlyn has lice. You need to come get her, treat her, and then you can bring her back to school.' I almost fell off the couch and explained to them I didn't have time to deal with a daughter and lice. Corey drove over to the school and found out they made a mistake about who had lice. I feel like it was a blessing that it was not Ashlyn. I also feel cursed that I was happy it was some other girl at the school. Thank you, Lord. I am grateful that it was not my daughter. Well, this morning was the straw that broke the camel's back. Corey went up to get the kids up for school and yelled down, 'Grant puked in the night!' I thought, 'Really? Why us? Seriously? Nothing else can go wrong in our life!' I also just wanted this month to be over. So, Corey being so awesome, cleaned it all up, disinfected, took the sheets off the bed, checked on Grant, and manged to get himself ready for work. Not long after Ashlyn was off to school, Grant tells me...Mom, I am all better. It was music to my ears, and at the same time made me wish I could have sent him to school. He had no fever, nothing. Just once in the night and he was done. I hope and pray that no one else in the house gets sick and things start to get better~!!! I have had enough of the month of September 2011...I want it to be October or really 2012 (seeing as though Corey thinks this has been the worst year for our family in the way of medical expenses)...I want to see clearly again, I want my foot to heal fast...I don't want the whole house getting sick at once...I want to just have our life back again...I also want to CRAFT for the holidays-soon! Thank you for letting me vent a little. It does help out...a little.

No comments: