London is amazing! Corey met me at the airport and after 6 days apart it was a much needed vacation. We learned that there is an express train that takes you to Paddington Station. From there you get off and figure out which tube (also known as the subway) you need to take to get you close to your hotel. It was a bit confusing. We then got in the tube and there were 3 stations that are close but not REAL close to our hotel. We unfortunately got off at the farthest one from where we were staying! We walked an hour (at least)to our hotel with suitcases in tow. Good thing the weather was warm but not to warm and it was sunny. We finally made it to our hotel which was the Doubletree in Westminster. Nice hotel but man everything is SMALL. I showered because I had flown basically overnight and needed to feel clean. After getting ready, we hit the pavement with a map in tow. We walked down the street a few blocks over and we walked near Parliment and near the Westminster Abby. Beautiful. They are next to the Thames River.
 |
| across the street from Parliment. |
 |
| Corey with the Parliment building behind him. |
 |
| Big Ben |
 |
| After walking by Parliment, we headed to ride the London Eye. What an amazing way to see the city. |
 |
| Looking through the tree up at the London Eye. |
 |
As we were riding the London Eye. So fun to be on vacation with my sweetheart!
|
We rode the London Eye, ate at McDonald's (it was the closest thing near by and we were starving), walked Leicester Square and Trafalgar Square, walked through the National Portrait Gallery, adn at at Ben and Jerry's.
I was also shocked at how many people smoke. It was so gross but in order to really see the city walking, you just have to deal with it. I have no idea how much second hand smoke I inhaled but it was gross. That night pretty late, we skyped with the kids. They were so sad and I did feel bad for them because they missed us a lot! That was it for day one....
No comments:
Post a Comment