Monday, April 09, 2012

London Day 2...

On day 2, we got a LATE start. Jet-lag had finally caught up with me and we slept until 10am! I was exhausted from the days before flying and seeing the sights once I arrived. We had a fun day and going to London sans kids is worth it! You get to look at everything and do everything you can imagine, or fit in a day. We started our day at Madame Tussaud's. Such a fun place to look at famous people as wax figures. We saw: Tom Hanks, Tom Cruise, Kate Winslet, Kate Moss, The Beckham's, The Queen, Prince William, Albert Einstein, Helen Miren, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Whoopi Goldberg, John Wayne, Marilyn Monroe,Julia Roberts, and so many more! I can't name them all or post all the pictures we took with them. To see most of the people we posed with you'll have to check out my FB page. Afterwards we made our way over to Oxford Street which was close by. Corey bought him some good-looking dress shirts for work from some European store for men (I can't remember the name of the store). Then we hit up Garfunkels for lunch. Yep, I ordered myself a club sandwich and fries or to the Brit's...chips. It was like something I could eat here in the states. They also call Sprite...lemonade. Weird, huh? So many other funny translations I could go on and on about... Then after eating we kept walking and I went into the busiest H&M stores they have in London. I am not huge into shopping but when I start wanting to buy new pieces for my wardrobe, I will shop! It is a great store. It was my first time and I could not get enough of what to look at. We eventually made it to another one near Hyde Park. Very affordable clothes and cute too! We also went into Niketown. If you know my husband, he wears Nike brand all the time. (Sometimes a little Under Armor too). While in the Hyde Park area, we went to see the Wellington Arch which is a pretty famous landmark. Walked though Harrods which in order to buy anything you must give your right arm and leg for! We also walked through Hyde Park and it is GORGEOUS! Definitely loved it. Well, we topped off our day by eating at a hole in the wall Italian Restaurant in Chinatown and a walk by Westminster Abbey lit up in the night.
Outside the famous Wax Museum

Walking on the 'Red Carpet'

Meeting the Queen

Doesn't Marilyn look like she loves kisses from Corey?  HAHA

We took this photo for our friend Tim!  He loves soccer!

Some spider-man for Brady

Wellington Arch on the corner of Hyde Park

The famous green door, I don't have the book near by to tell you about the green door..maybe when I find it and more time I can blog about it's history.

Harrod's Dept store

Hanging in Hyde Park!  It was pretty chilly this day!

Isn't it beautiful!?

Love this park!!

Westminster Abbey at night!

No comments: