Friday, April 13, 2012

More of Day 3

I realize that I just can not put every picture on here (sad but true). I wish I could but it would take me forever. The blogging about England is taking me forever, can't ya tell? Well, I am finishing up our 3rd day... After checking out Buckingham Palace, we took the 'tube' up to Wembley Stadium. It is one of the stadium's that will be used for the Summer Olympics. Rugby and Soccer get played there a lot. We got to tour the inside of the locker rooms, the media room, and get hear about the world record amount of bathrooms they have (the lady seemed proud of the 2618). They have an open air market right outside the stadium which sells a lot of fake goods. You can tell they are fake. And I find a lot of the things they sell funny. You can't take pictures inside the market which is a bummer. The one thing we did buy was to eat...their donuts. They were the best I have ever had (it was basically our lunch). After we went to Kensington Palace which will become the home to William and Kate in 2013. Starting in September the exhibits will close and they will start renovations for them to make their home there. You can't take pictures in a lot of the exhibits so we have a few of the walls and ceilings. They are an amazing sight! After we went into the Kensington Palace gardens to walk around and it was so relaxing to just sit and people watch. Lots of PDA occurs in the parks but not this one. The parks are basically yards for those who live in flats (apartments) in London. After there we headed to eat. We found 'heaven' or what we thought was 'heaven' in London...The Texas Embassy Cantina. Tastes just like food from Texas. They played country music and the tex-mex was delicious. After some dinner we walked back to the hotel but walked back down 'the mall' to see Buckingham Palace as the sun was setting! Gorgeous!
After getting off the train...seeing Wembley Stadium from afar.

Inside the stadium

Us havnig a blast on our tour of Wembley Stadium

Inside the locker room 

Outside the stadium entrance to our tour.

Kensington Palace 


Outside on the grounds of Kensington Palace
A view of the London Eye at night from Buckingham Palace
Ahhh...Heaven in London

The place to eat...especially if you are from Texas.

No comments: