Sunday, May 20, 2012

NYC Day 1...

I have been home 10 days and I finally have time to sit and blog about my 'girls trip' to NYC! I loved NYC. I am already looking forward to going back even thought it won't be anytime soon. We had a blast. I don't have pictures of every single thing we did for 7 days but we pretty much have pictures of the highlights of the trip. We are all photographers and yet we used our iphones for pictures because we didn't want to lug around our huge cameras. Sad, isn't it? Well, here is highlights of our trip from Day 1 which basically was 3 of us traveling and getting to the hotel to be with Stephanie who arrived the day before.
Here we are fresh off the airplane at LaGuardia.  We had so much fun traveling together!  From left to right: Jennifer, me, and Virginia. 

In the back of our taxi from the airport to the hotel.  We had a great taxi driver and if you can't tell...we had tons of luggage.  The taxi was a Ford Escape.  This is one of my favorite pictures.  

Yummy!  John's pizzeria..best pizza ever!  Loved it!!  It was only 5 blocks south of our hotel.  Jennifer and I split this the first night.  So good.  I still dream of that pizza.  

This was the appetizer Jen and I shared.  So so good.  I even had it 'to-go' the day we flew home.  

Virginia and I waiting on our food.  The service in restaurants was horrible in NYC.  I love the city but they could use some serious customer service.  

After dinner it was cold outside and so we split a cab fare and went across town to 'Serendipity' .  We had the best desserts there and I figured after this night I had gained 5 pounds.  

An older lady did a great job at taking our picture outside.  

This was our desserts.  We look so tired but we were having such a great time.  We get together every 2 years.  I wish it could be every year but in order to do it 'big' we skip a year in between.  

A bellman at the hotel took this picture for us.  He set it all up and did a great job.  We had so much fun that I sometimes wish I was still on vacation.

Day 1 was so nice to just be together and hang out in NYC.  It was my first time as well as with Virginia.  Jennifer had been once before but back in high school.  This was Stephanie's 3rd time.  

No comments: