Monday, March 18, 2013

Spring Break Camping Trip 2013

This is our 5th year camping over the last half of the week of Spring Break.  We camped at Huntsville State Park.  The weather could not have been better for Spring Break!!  Great place to camp! Our kids love going on these camping trips!! They look forward to it every single year. This is the second straight year of us borrowing my in-laws camper. This year we had 31 families join us and it was super fun. The best thing about camping is our kids are electronic-free and are playing with friends and not bugging us. The stinky part of it is packing to go and cleaning and going home! It is also tiring. I slept 12 hours out of a possible 21-24 over 3 nights. Ugh. Still paying for it. All in all it was a success and I have to say there really is 'no place like home'!
Brady loved hanging in the hammock. 

Sadie and her friend Londyn.  They are both 2 and super cute!!

Ashlyn hanging out.

Just checking out the tree stump.  Most tree stumps were off limits as they have ants in them.

Teaching some of the kids to toss water balloons between towels.  It was fun to watch.  Not so fun: tying the water balloons that Corey was filling.


Filling water balloons.  He is THE  MAN!

Hanging out.  Ashlyn, Lynlee, and Gavin.

Brady, Regan, and Ashlyn watching the fire.

My little biker.  I think he is such a cutie.  I unfortunately didn't get a picture of Grant on his bike (which seems like I do as he is on his bike A LOT).  

Hanging out in the hammock on Friday before I drove Ashlyn to Houston.  

We had 31 families!  It was so much fun!!  I am too lazy to know exactly how many people came.  As you can see...A LOT!

Friends getting photo bombed by Billy.  Grant, Ashlyn, Lynlee, Jaynee, and Sadie.

My little family with Corey's dad's camper in the back.  Thank goodness for the camper as it was cold at night and where no one could here Sadie crying in the middle of the night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Ashlyn is like really good looking! Luv the picture!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEibaWoIfyrgSrKBHI8owWoSNq1ON3_4-om7ZOCgpEJ-LCfjGMaIvBBV8uyOAymOPwxZ5p2M885RhY4NSBOmYPUn0D1Vydn8BmebPu-18m0AFzwRS8vakwA5ezXa_gELh9XxpO0r/s0/CampingTrip2013+006+-+Copy.JPG