Wednesday, April 02, 2008

National Autism Awareness Day

Today is National Autism Awareness Day and I have thought a lot about Grant and the progress he's made over the last 6 years of his life. He talks a lot, eats more than he used to, and he has become more social. On the Autism Spectrum Grant is very high-functioning (almost considered normal) and we feel blessed how much him going to school and being around normal kids has helped him progress so much. He is in the mainstream Kindergarten class and has the best help at school possible. I have to say that Grant has brought much joy in our life. He is so loving. He's a great big brother to Ashlyn and is looking forward to having a brother this summer. I feel so blessed that he is in ouf family. Ashlyn definitely has helped him with talking and doing things that he normally wouldn't do before. We hope that each person will take time to learn and understand about Autism. PS- If you are looking for pictures of the newly painted rooms, please be patient with me because I did get my new camera today but haven't had a chance to play with it since the kids bug me everytime I pick it up. As soon as they go to bed, I plan on working on getting pictures up with it.

2 comments:

YaYa Baby said...

Kate, What a neat boy you have; I'm so glad to hear that he's doing so well. I'm so glad to know a bit more about Autism...

Best of luck!

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

Grant certainly is a friendly kid. I am glad that he is doing so well. I am sure that Ashlyn as learned a thing or two from him.

By the way. I love the new blog layout. It looks great.