Sunday, June 01, 2008

Never Ever...

I learned a valuable lesson last night. I was continuing my heavy duty cleaning of our house and came across VHS videos that I wanted to watch or see what was on them. There were several cute ones of Grant crawling and doing other things. Well, then I came across the video of Ashlyn's birth (mind you it has been 4 years) since this video was made. We have never watched it in the past 4 years so I thought what the heck. Boy, I was wrong!! I started watching and just watching myself lay in the hospital bed was aweful looking. Then Corey put the video camera on the tripod behind my head and there went the talking about how I it was time to have the baby, etc. I started getting nervous about giving birth again since it has been over 4 years. I started realizing how unlady-like the whole process is but then realized how great the outcome is. Well, I have to say I still should have never watched the video so close to the birth of Brady. I am excited to have baby number 3 but definitely not looking forward to the pain. I have to recommend that if you make a video you need to watch the video not long after the baby is born and definitely before you give birth to the next.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh Kate, just get that epidural early and you will be just fine. The epidural I had with Owen made it so I didn't feel anything, I mean NOTHING for hours after I gave birth. Probably a good thing since he was so big, but it made the birth easy. :) You will do great, don't worry about it. And I must say how grateful I am that I don't have a video of myself giving birth... I am sure it is much less lady-like than yours!