Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Go Away Sickness...Leave our House!

This is day 5 of illness in our home!! I think the last time we've been stuck inside our home this long was 2-3 years ago. We don't have any place to really go so I guess it is ok. (I am supposed to go to Grant's Valentine's Party at school on Thursday so I am hoping we are better by then!) It all started on Friday when I thought I'd lose my voice for a day or two. Then Grant came down with a weird fever that lasted on and off for 3 days. Monday I was still had no voice and was beginning to have a never-ending cough! In the middle of the night last night my knee locked up for a few hours so I was screaming in pain about it to hear just a few hours later a little girl roaming around downstairs saying, "I'm sick, my tummy hurts." I knew exactly what that meant and Corey wisked her away upstairs to the playroom to take her temperature and make sure she didn't puke on the carpet. She did the puking but not on the carpet, whew! Well, this morning she still has not asked to eat, is coughing, and tired. I am just trying to keep Brady away from everyone since he can get sick very easily. I am just praying hard that Corey and I don't come down with what Ashlyn has. Which I also can't figure out where she got sick from since we haven't gone anywhere but the Zoo on Friday and that was 4 days ago! I have my kids wash their hands a lot in the winter months so I know that she couldn't possibly have picked something up from there. I also have to admit I am soooooo glad Grant is at school today and I hope that Corey can get work done as he is as tired as I am. Whatever is going around needs to hurry and disappeear because it is so not fun to sit at home with sick kids or being sick ourselves!

2 comments:

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

I am sorry to hear that you and the kids have been sick. Hopefully it will all come to an end soon and can once again emerge from the house. Don't worry too much about not being able to see Mandy. Babbi has been in the same boat as you with Savannah being sick and hasn't been able to make it out to see her.

blog_meg said...

Oh man! I'm sorry to hear about all the yuck going around. What made your knee lock up? I guess we're getting old, huh? :o)