Saturday, March 07, 2009
My Dear Grandma Clauder
Yesterday (Friday) I had Ashlyn skip out on playgroup with her friends so I could have the great privilage to visit my Grandma in Kingwood at a nursing home. It was definitely worth the trip up there because I'd hadn't seen her since January. I got to go as everyone was waiting in the dining room area for lunch and it was so sad to see so many old people who couldn't do much for themselves. I grew up as a child living next door to my grandma and grandpa Clauder. When my grandpa was sick I was his nurse. I made sure he took his medicine and everything. We had a good time together. He passed away when I was 6 and my grandma was left alone. Not long after his passing she wanted to move out of that house and did so when I was about 10. I have lots of memories of doing things with her over the years and looking back it makes me smile. Seeing her today when I am now 30 was sad for me. She was sweet and told me I look so beautiful for having 3 kiddos and told me that she loved me. I told her back how much I loved her and that I want her to get better. She has really gotten worse since seeing her from back in January and it made me cry. I have to say I feel blessed getting to be able to be around her and my kids got to know her too. Brady is her youngest great-grandchild and all the elderly people loved getting to see him too! My grandma turns 86 next Saturday and I hope she gets to celebrate her birthday because not many people get to live that long. I love my grandma and just thinking about what kind of grandma she was to me makes me smile inside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so glad you got to see Mandy. I know that she was really happy to see you and Brady. Thanks for the great post, it as made me think more about the great things Mandy has done for me. I think what I love most about her is her Faith. Because of her diligence to live true to her faith I am a Latter Day Saint.
Post a Comment