Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sewing!?

Yes, I bought a sewing machine. I am shocked too, believe it or not. I have been wanting to sew some pillows and a window seat in Ashlyn's room since we moved here. Corey was hoping that I'd want to sew some clothes with it but I told him it was for craft projects, he wasn't too happy to hear that. I procrastinated until this month to actually do it. It feels good to do something I have never done before. This is a simple machine I purchased and have realized that I am dang good at making pillows but the window seat is another story.

Here is the pillow upclose on the window seat. I used green fabric as an accent to the window seat fabric since he room is green and pink. Not too bad, right?Here is Ashlyn discovering the finished product after school. I think she'll like it so she can read up on it and hopefully be left alone by the boys... I am pretty excited about my first ever sewing project and how it turned out. Now I need to think of what I will do next!

2 comments:

~B~ said...

You go girl! I've had a sewing machine for at least 8 years, but it has never left the box. Maybe one day...

DNAgallows said...

Cute! Watch out the addiction is soon to follow.