Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Aggie 'Girls' Weekend

This weekend I was able to spend some quality time with friends from college.  We all lived in the same apartment complex, have kids almost all the same ages, and are AGGIES!  My dear sweet husband took off on Friday so that I could enjoy this fun time with them.  It was so much fun and so relaxing especially with baby #4 coming in just 4 months!  We got a hotel in the Galleria and just chilled, ate lots of good food, and shopped til we dropped!  It was fantastic!!  Our first stop was Cheesecake Factory for lunch.  I love that place.  It was so yummy.  Sorry there are no pictures of that.  Then after the Cheesecake Factory, we headed over to the Buckle store.  I of coarse, could not really try on any clothes in there because of my big belly.  I did attempt to try on hats and other cute accessories.  Here I am with my friend Virginia.  We are the prego women of the bunch and are only due 2 weeks apart!
That night after we went and spent some time in the Galleria. We had to make a pitstop at the Walgreens down the street from our hotel because Stephanie (not pictured here) has been dealing with some health problems and so we hung out in the pharmacy while her precription got filled.  Then we headed to Target to get some other things ( I can't remember them...mind went blank) and then headed back to the hotel.  After getting back to the hotel we just chilled out.  Before long Virginia and Jennifer (the one taking this picture below) had the urge to want to go T.P. in the hotel.  Here they are TPing the 4th floor which is not where are rooms were.  Being Aggies they proudly displayed the word 'HOWDY' in Toliet Paper on the floor.  Virginia who is the bravest of all us also wanted to do some prank calling and so she prank called pizza places around Houston.  She definitely would make a great actress.  This night I have never laughed so hard in my life!!

This is Steph and I being the party poopers of the Toliet Paper incident.  Steph was pretty drugged up because she was on medicine for a Kindey infection and I was just tired due to being pregnant! 

Saturday we took a long time getting ready and so since it was really time for Brunch we hit up Pappadeaux for lunch.  It was good even though I am not big on eating seafood.  Here we all are:  Stephanie, Jennifer, Virginia and myself. 
Here we are in the restaurant...

After having a good lunch, we headed back to go shopping some more!  It was fun and Stephanie was feeling much better.  After our time in the Galleria we headed for some dinner.  We ate my favorite place...CHUY'S!  I love the Creamy Jalapeno Sauce they have!!  We made a quick stop after Chuy's over to the nearest Hobby Lobby because we decided we wanted to be crafty!  We made these cute iphone holders for when they are in your purse.  Virginia made one on her own (the one with the brown button on it in the lower left hand corner of the picture).  We loved her's and we wanted one too!  The best part of them is that you hot glue the whole thing!  We laughed so hard that night and were so incredibly just tired while making them but it was fun that we did it all together!  Here we are getting our craftiness on...


On Sunday we woke up got ready and thought about how much fun we'd been having and how sad it was coming to an end.  Stephanie, Virginia, and I all do photography and Jen just recently decided she was interested as well.  So I let her take a few snapshots of me and this is one she sent me.  I was standing near that 'waterwall' down by the galleria mall.  We did this right before we parted ways and everyone went home.
Here are the four of us before we headed out and back home to our families~
From left to right: Virginia, Stephanie, Jennifer, Me all in a new outfit we purchased this weekend. 
It was such a great weekend and I am so glad that we were able to get together.  The last time the four of us had been together was April 2006 for Jen's wedding.  So much has happened and it was so great to catch up!  It was so good to be able to spend time together especially after all that Steph's been through in the last few years!!  Steph you live too far from Houston so you need move closer to the rest of us!  :)
Thanks to our husbands who allowed us to get together before two of us give birth to our 4th kids. Hope to do this again next year!! 

4 comments:

Steph said...

Love it!

Chad and Jen Chamberlain said...

Thank you Kate! I just directed all of my traffic your way! Thanks for a fabulous weekend!

Springers said...

Looks like lots of fun! Aren't girls weekends this best?!

Steph said...

Ha ha, Jen! I did the same thing on my blog. Kate said it so well, why fix what isn't broken? ;)